SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED PEPPERS
Recipe by Emilie Ahern
Yield: 8-12 pepper halves, stuffed.
4-6 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
1/2 lb lean ground turkey/ground beef
1 c. chopped onions
1/2 - 1 pkg taco seasoning
1-1/4 c. cooked white rice, brown rice, or quinoa
1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 c. frozen corn (or canned)
1-1/2 c. salsa (any chunky variety)
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
Juice from 1 small lime or ½ large lime (about 3 Tbsp.)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roast peppers on foil lined baking pan (cut sides up) for 20-25 minutes until almost cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool until you can handle them.
2. In a large pan sauté meant and onions until cooked. Add the taco seasoning, black beans, corn, rice, salsa, lime juice, cilantro and 1/4 c. shredded cheese. Mix well.
3. Carefully spoon the turkey mixture into each half of the bell peppers. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the peppers are cooked all the way thru. Add remaining cheese to each pepper and cook an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
4. Remove from the oven and top with fresh cilantro, avocado slices and/or sour cream just before serving.
Top with fresh cilantro, sour cream, sliced avocado
Store, covered, in fridge for up to 4 days.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
INGREDIENTS AVAILABLE from the BISHOP'S STOREHOUSE:
Ground beef, onions, rice, black beans, canned corn, salsa, cheddar cheese
Like this post? Check out these related articles!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This post may contain affiliate links for products and services I love and whole-heartedly believe in. Thanks so much for your support! See the full disclosure.