But it still happened. I was completely heartbroken and felt I had failed her. Since then I have compiled a list of great LDS resources that discuss bullying, how to recognize it, how to handle it, and how to report it.
1. Stop Bullying Now // A basic guide for small kids which covers the questions What is bullying, What should I do if someone bullies me, and What should I do if a bully is hurting someone else?
2. Question Corner: Bullying // Children respond to the question "A girl at school is always mean to me. How can I still be kind to her?" Includes a printable poster of the responses.
3. 5 Steps to Stopping a Bully (Kids Version) // Teach your children how to avoid bullying.
4. The Bullying Problem/The Kindness Challenge // Goes over basics of bullying, but also includes a really helpful short quiz kids can take to see if they are unintentionally saying hurtful things to others. Includes a 2 page graphic printable.
5. Tag, You’re It! // A short story for small children about ganging up to tease others and excluding kids during games.
7. How to Beat Bullying // A very in-depth article for teens explaining bullying and how to deal with it. it also covers Hazing.
8. Questions & Answers: A Friend Is Being Bullied // Shares ways you can help your friend and also has answers submitted by other LDS teens. Also addresses Cyber-Bullying.
9. Bullying - Stop It Video // A great video for teens showing the effects of Cyber-Bullying.
10. Your Sacred Duty to Minister // A talk specifically for Young Men and their Priesthood duties to minister to those being bullied. This has really great stories and council.
Leave a Comment and share:
How often do you talk to your kids about bullying?
What age did you start?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This post may contain affiliate links for products and services I love and whole-heartedly believe in. Thanks so much for your support! See the full disclosure.