This recipe is easy and delicious! It's better the next day so planning ahead is great, but it's still good either way. Matt pretty much devoured this over three days and kept saying "This is the best! Where can we get more quinoa salad recipes?!" Yeah, it's that good.
SOUTHWEST QUINOA SALAD
Recipe by Emilie Ahern
Yield: 8 side dish portions
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 cup cooked quinoa
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 can black bean drained and well rinsed
1 plum tomato, diced
1 diced fresh zucchini (about 1 c.)
1/3 cup very finely chopped red onion
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice and cilantro. Set aside.
2. Combine all other ingredients in medium sized bowl.
3. Top with dressing and toss gently to combine.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Serve on the side of my Beef and Bean Baked Burritos
- Add a diced grilled chicken breast on top for an easy and healthy lunch!
Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 5 days.