I decided to use the same principles of making their recipe and create a beef, bean and cheese version. We had them last night and they were great! Our entire family loves them and they are GREAT to store, uncooked, in the freezer and have ready to go in under 30 minutes. You can take them straight from your freezer to your oven.
BAKED BEEF AND BEAN BURRITOS
Recipe by Emilie Ahern
Makes: about 12
1 lb ground beef
½ c. finely chopped yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 pkg. taco seasoning
¼ c. fresh cilantro, well chopped
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (divided in half)
1 c. medium chunky salsa
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
10-12 flour inch tortillas
Sea salt OR table salt
1. Heat oven to 425* F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
3. In a large frying pan brown beef and onions. When well browned add garlic to pan and cook 2 minutes.
4. Add taco seasoning, 1 c. cheese, salsa, beans, and lime juice to pan and stir well. Set aside.
5. Lay out a tortilla. Place ¼ c of beef mixture inside (leaving 1 inch from edges). Sprinkle with 1-2 Tbsp cheese.
6. Roll up tortillas like a thin roll and place seam down on a baking sheet, not touching one another. 7. Lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
8. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Serve with sour cream and fresh salsa for dipping (both available at Bishops Storehouse)
Let cool completely. Store in gallon size ziplock bag. Reheat in microwave when ready to eat.
Prepare the burritos through rolling them out and placing them on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze until solid, then transfer to a large freezer bag. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425*F and place the burritos on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BISHOP'S STOREHOUSE INGREDIENTS: Form Section // Ingredient
MEATS // ground beef
FRESH VEGETABLES // onion
DAIRY AND EGGS // cheddar cheese
JAMS AND CONDIMENTS // salsa
BEANS, RICE, AND POTATOES // black beans
BREADS // flour tortillas
1 head garlic - under $1
1 packet taco seasoning - $1
fresh cilantro - $1
fresh lime - $.50