What You'll Need: scriptures, activity print outs, tape or poster putty. If making the treat please check the ingredients list below.
Scripture: Ecc. 3:1,11 - To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. He hath made every thing beautiful in his time...
Opening Song: Songs throughout lesson
When Heavenly Father created the earth He made everything work together perfectly. Each year we have four seasons. The seasons are each different and they all work together.
SPRING - In Spring the snow melts from the winter and the sun starts to shine again. This helps flowers start to grow. We see trees start to get leaves again and sometimes it rains a lot in the Spring to help the new flowers grow. Spring is also a time when we see lots of baby animals. Spring is when we celebrate Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. We also watch a session of General Conference each Spring.
- What are some fun things we can do in the SPRING? (splash in rain puddles, watch new flowers grow, etc.)
SUMMER - When the sun starts to shine even more it means Summer is here. In Summer the weather is hot. We wear shorts and tee shirts. There is no school, so children play in their backyards, at swimming pools and a lot of families go on vacation. Summer is when we celebrate Father's Day and the 4th of July.
- What are some fun things we can do in the SUMMERTIME? (swimming and other water play, sports, picnics, camping, etc)
- What are some fun things we can do in AUTUMN? (rake and play in leaves, dress up for Halloween, visit family, go to a pumpkin patch, etc.)
WINTER - Winter is the very coldest time of year. All of the leaves fall off of the trees and the only trees left with any color are evergreens. Snow falls on the ground and we start wearing coats, hats and mittens. We can play in the snow in a lot of different ways. Winter is the season when we celebrate Christmas and New Year's Eve. After New Year's Eve, we get a new Primary Teacher and move up to a new class at church.
- What are some fun things we can do in WINTER? (sledding, drink hot chocolate, visit family over the holidays, build snowmen, etc.)
All throughout the year we can have fun by being together as a family. My favorite parts of each year are the times when we are together and have fun. Each year we all grow a little more and can learn more about Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.
Bear your testimony about how grateful you are for each Season and for the times throughout the year when you get to spend time together as a family.
(For tips on sharing your testimony please click here.)
Practice Song: If you are teaching your family the April Song of the Month, go over the words and music with your family.
Activity: Seasons Match Up
by Emilie Ahern
Download charts for the four seasons and the small activity squares that go with them by clicking HERE. (If desired, laminate each Season page and cut out small activity squares and laminate as well). Have children take turns mounting a square in the box below the tree of the season it corresponds with.
Treat: A Popcorn Ball that would Smell So Sweet
1 small package Jello, any flavor
1/2 cup sugar
6 tbsp butter
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 cups mini marshmallows
9 cups plain, popped, popcorn (about ¼ cup unpopped kernels)
1. Pop 1/4 cup of popcorn in a popper or on the stove top. In a large mixing bowl, combine popcorn and mini marshmallows and set aside
2. Lay out a large sheet of wax paper to place balls on.
3. In a small sauce pan, combine Jello, sugar, butter, and corn syrup.
4. Cook on medium high heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Keep at boil for 2 minutes.
5. Pour mixture over popcorn and mini marshmallows and stir with a wooden spoon until popcorn is evenly coated.
6. Use buttered or wet hands and carefully (it will be hot!) form popcorn into 8-12 round balls, about the size of a baseball. Set popcorn balls on to wax paper and allow to cool.
7. Wrap individual popcorn balls in plastic to store.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
In exchange for providing free lesson plans I just ask
that you SHARE these lessons with others!
that you SHARE these lessons with others!